Sunday 7 September 2014

My Second Passion

If you follow me on instagram you'll know I love taking pictures. Often random things or of what I've been doing around my apartment. But I'm a sucker for a selfie. If anyone had access to my camera roll they'd think I was completely self centred. But as most of you know to get the one good picture you take ten dozen crap ones!

I love experimenting with make up, but in everyday wearable styles. A pop of colour here. Eyeshadow for eyeliner. So thought I'd stray from nails for a post and share my current obsession for my make up.

I've done bold colours as eyeliner in the past but seen a new trend eeking in of colour along the lower lash line. I had to try it and I have to admit I love it! I do a nude look on my lid, with a very thin streak of liner (which is usually eyeshadow for me as I find it lasts better) then a dash of colour along the lower lash line and blend it out. Yesterday I did orange which I liked but I had a comment saying I looked like the walking dead when they bleed from their eyes (I didn't take offence it made me laugh a lot!) but today I tried a blue/green/turquoise colour and love the outcome. I blended into slightly so the colour gave the slight cat eye flick rather than the black!

The products I used were:
Benefit -
       Porefessional. As initial primer to even out my skin.
        Boi-ing concealer in 02 to hide some blemishes and disguise my under eye bags.
        Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer  to create an even base for my BB cream and help my make up last the day for work.
        Big Easy BB Cream in Medium. Love this BB cream, liquid to powder and lovely coverage. Great to use on its own or layered with foundation
        They're Real Mascara. My all time favourite mascara. Long lasting. Non flaky. I have long curly lashes anyway and usually struggle with having my mascara not last well or clump. This is perfection!
         Hoola Bronzer. This is a new buy for me but a big wishlist item for a while. I love bronzes but not keen on shiny ones. This is matte and great for contouring as well as giving an all over bronzed feel.
  My eyeshadows all come from Urban Decay. Urban Decay and Benefit are my weakness (as you can probably already tell!)
         Upper Lid: From the Naked 3 pallet I used "Strange", "Limit" and "Buzz" in horizontal lines up from my lash line and blended together to get a nude yet warm look. I then used "Blackout" from the Naked 2 pallet as a thin streak of eyeliner along the lash line.
          Lower Lid: From the Electric Pallet I used "Gonzo" I took an eyeliner brush and as close to my lash line I did a thin streak, I then took a fluffy eyeshadow brush and blended out a little. I did this a few times to build up the intensity of the look I wanted then went in again with my eyeliner brush and brought Gonzo up and did a cat eye style flick.

I will definitely be recreating this look and using lots of my other colours in my Electric Pallet!
Let me know if you want more make up looks and I'll post them in with my nail creations too.

As always please subscribe. Follow me on instagram for more updates and randomness from me @cara_mia88

No comments:

Post a Comment