Friday 17 April 2015

Review: Burberry Kisses Lipstick

Anyone who knows me knows I have a love for lipsticks. My favourite brand has to be MAC but when I saw Burberry had a new line of cosmetics I thought I had to give them a try. 


I chose to start with a lipstick before possibly trying more from their range. I bought Burberry Kisses "Pomegranate Pink" from Debenhams.com at £25


The packaging has a very luxurious feel to it and it has an unconventional lid to the lipstick. It's a magnetic close! I thought this wouldn't be safe in a handbag so I did a little test. Held the tube at one end and shook hard, didn't budge, held it by the other end and did the same. The magnetic close only lets the lid securely close in one way so if it doesn't feel secure you can twist the lid until it secures properly by the magnets.

 
I swatched it on the back of my hand and it has a very good pigment and creamy feel to it. It's not quite matte and it's not quite creamy/satin but its non drying and smells nice (which I find important in a lipstick!)

I decided that I would wear it for work one day to see how it lasted.
(This was after reapplication after breakfast)
I had to reapply after breakfast as you'd expect but it was very easily done. There wasn't muchtransference onto my drink either which is a big plus for me. 

After 2 hours wear and no touch ups. 

4 hours at work. 

Overall I'm very pleased with this lipstick and can't wait to try more from their range!

No comments:

Post a Comment