Sunday 3 May 2015

Models Own: NEW Polish For Tans

I have a bit of a soft spot for models own. They were my first nail polish brand I fell in love with. And now there's a bottle shop in Birmingham its wreaking havoc on my bank balance...but it's soooo worth it!
I saw the new release for their Polish For Tans collection and couldn't decide which to buy...so went for all 5!
(FYI ... NONE of these swatches are done over a white base. I think a bright colour is kinda pointless if you have to put a white base on first.)
L-R: Cocktail Hour, Malibu Pink, Sarong Wrap, Beach Hut, Turquoise Sea
I was most excited to try the blue as I have been after one just like it the past couple of months. But first impressions are that they all look nice and are perfect for a summery manicure! Whilst I was swatching these I thought it was a perfect time to try out their stamping ability, so each accent nail is stamped using MoYou London Explorer 22. (This plate is very popular and sells out quickly!)

The new Polish For Tans in all their glory.
First up: Cocktail Hour. This is so bright it practically glows on my nails. This is 2 coats with no topcoat. This colour is gorgeous, and has a nice, even, easy coverage and was almost a 1 coater! For stamping it was perfect, picked up and transferred easily first time, and because of it's rich colour it is perfect for stamping.
Cocktail Hour
Next Up: Malibu Pink. The name certainly matches the polish! It's a perfect barbie/Malibu pink which is great for summer. Again this is 2 coats, no top coat and stamps perfectly first time.
Malibu Pink
Next Up: Sarong Wrap. I'm not normally a yellow person so was curious more than anything of how this suited me, but especially how it stamped as that's normally the only way I use yellows other than the odd gradient. This exceeded my expectations. I used 3 coats, again without a top coat, and it stamped perfectly over white.
Sarong Wrap
Next Up: Beach Hut. Oranges are like yellows for me, i have them in my collection but only use them as a small part of the overall manicure. This orange is very similar to an old Models Own I have from their HedKandi collection but this one is much better pigmented. This is 2 coats without top coat and again stamping was perfect first time.
Beach Hut
And now the one I was looking forward to the most: Turquoise Sea. How gorgeous is this colour? It's not turquoise as the name suggests, but it is gorgeous. Again I used 2 coats, no top coat, and it stamped perfectly.
Turquoise Sea
My Impression:
This collection is amazing. Each colour is rich without being thick, they each give good, even coverage AND they stamp! What more could a girl want from a collection? I'll definitely be playing with these a bit more, try watermarble and stamping over darker colours.
I'd say if you wanted to try one or two from the collection definitely try Turquoise Sea and Malibu Pink.

You can buy this collection direct from the Models Own website, or visit their bottle stores in Bullring Birmingham, St David's Shopping Centre Cardiff, Westfield London, BluewaterBrent Cross Shopping CentreWestfield StratfordMeadowhall (Sheffield), White Rose Shopping Centre (Leeds), Metrocentre (Newcastle) and internationally in Tokyo, Thailand, Taiwan, Jordan, Bahrain, Qatar and throughout the UAE.

Please feel free to follow my IG: @caramianailedit and subscribe to my blog.

*all these products were purchased with my own money and I am not paid for my views or opinions, all of those given in this post are my own*

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I've been reading your blog for a while and I've nominated you for a Liebster award :) https://thepolishmagpie.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/liebster-award/ I hope you will take part and pass it on!

    ReplyDelete